Primesight had traditionally focused its training programmes on the Sales Team. However there was a growing awareness, supported by Daniel Pink’s book ‘To Sell Is Human’, that in successful organisations, everybody is selling or supporting the sales operation. In addition, a programme that up-skilled all staff in manageable ‘bitesize’ chunks of mixed teams from across the organisation would achieve multiple objectives:
- Up-skilling all staff across the organization
- Develop team-building and collaboration
- Empower Managers to develop their own teams
- Integrate a culture of learning throughout the organisation
The programme engaged multiple layers of the organization, using Bitesize programmes to develop a high performing management team who would in turn ensure that their teams and individuals were performing. Secondly a continuous programme of short, practical sessions designed to appeal to all Primesight staff would ensure access to learning was available to more people throughout the organization.
Bitesize half-day sessions were booked to take place twice in a day. These sessions were highly focused and practical and designed to allow anyone in the business to attend. They included:
- Half-day bitesize sessions identified through PDP’s and pre-planned and diarised throughout the year / set up in response to specific needs.
- A Management Development Programme.
- Northern Field and Tele-sales Training.
- Scottish and Northern Bitesized programme.
The examples of bitesize programmes were:
- Assertiveness and Self Confidence
- Communication for Business Success
- Get Creative – Innovation from within
- Negotiation Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- GROWS and Difficult Conversations: Towards a new PDP
- Making Learning Stick – Action for Managers and Leaders
- Management Development: Teams & Performance
- Making Your Case – presenting ideas and arguments clearly
- Influence for everyone – 7 secrets that salespeople don’t want you know!
- Effortless Inbox – Taking the stress out of your in-box
“I come to Inspire with a problem, they come up with a solution and then we wrap training or coaching programmes round it…. The Bitesize Programme has made everyone feel valued and has inspired our employees.”
Kathryn Bean, HR Director, Primesight
All bitesize sessions were over-subscribed because staff recognised the skill and behaviour surges they received as a result. There was improved collaboration between teams and departments, and Managers found they were more focused on building and leading their own teams, ensuring higher performance across the organisation.
What they said:
“Inspire managed to make a ‘difficult’ subject fun: the training was very focused and really answered our brief. I know everyone took something useful away, and we have already amended our standard conversations and template letters with our customers.”
Jane Cottage, Head of Estate Management, Primesight