Executive coach Lindsay Wittenberg has spent her career facilitating individuals and teams in the UK and globally to find a fuller expression of their capabilities and potential: through actionable insights she equips senior people to become who they really are.
Working with leaders who are tussling with complex pressures to perform in demanding circumstances, the quality of her coaching relationships contributes to their becoming more aware, fulfilled and effective, so they release more of their talent. They tap in more fully to their capabilities, become better able to make well-grounded decisions and judgments, create and sustain productive working relationships, and get the best out of their people.
She coaches for development and transformation: she goes beyond what shows on the surface, and her clients build confidence and create sustained behaviour and thinking shifts for themselves and their organisations. She takes psychological and systemic approaches and she enjoys coaching people regarded by others as ‘difficult’, and people who feel stuck or stressed.
She specialises in:
Authentic leadership coaching, facilitating clients to:
- deepen their self-understanding
- accelerate their own effectiveness and stimulate higher levels of performance in others
- build their confidence, their impact and their creativity, and inspire, motivate and invigorate their teams.
Career development coaching, so that clients:
- re-energise and re-focus their careers, when they are seeking to find (or re-find) a sense of direction
- find meaning and purpose at work
- manage career transition points
Cross-cultural coaching for clients who are:
- working in multicultural organisations
- working across boundaries, whether organisational, regional, national, cultural or generational
- moving successfully to unfamiliar cultures.
Lindsay’s career began in HR with Marks & Spencer plc. The seeds of her coaching experience were sown in her subsequent training as a careers counsellor in the higher education sector, before leaving the UK for Luxembourg, where she worked and lived for 13 years. During that time she founded, led and developed a human rights pressure group (leading a multinational team and driving forward positions of influence with national and European parliamentarians and Ministers). On her return to the UK she created, launched and built a European business development consultancy for 13 years (focusing on designing, funding and implementing European-wide projects, and composing and managing their multinational teams), and was a Director of an executive talent management company for 2 years. She has lived in France and Israel.
She has worked across a range of sectors, including technology, engineering, professional services, financial services, government, charities, health, advertising, telecommunications, energy, and retail. Clients include UNICEF, GLA, NHS, FTSE-100 companies, Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Google, PruHealth, LTSB Bank, Dept for Work & Pensions, Sony Ericsson, and Guide Dogs for the Blind.
She is a coach with the Marketing Academy, which nurtures marketing talent to become the leaders and Board members of tomorrow. She is the originator of the Wittenberg Career Coaching Model.
Recent assignments include:
- UNICEF country leaders globally: developed their leadership in complex political, social and cultural environments
- Senior executive, FTSE100 company: developed more of his authentic leadership to manage a complex agenda in a global context
- Head of Risk and Internal Audit, FTSE-100 company: developed her leadership, impact and influence
- Divisional Director, engineering company: achieved transformation whilst battling against severe industry downturn and recession, and became equipped to build, grow and develop the business
- CEO of a charity: achieved more confident, capable leadership, and implemented a new strategy for the organisation and significant changes to the Senior Management Team
- Partner in a leading regional law firm: managed his forthcoming transition into senior partner role, developed a company vision, and built a strategy for growth in a rapidly changing marketplace
- Senior partner in a City of London law firm: became a stronger leader. His team became more cohesive, more consensual and more effective, and gained more order and structure
- Young Strategic Analyst in a technology company: developed as a marketing leader (on the Marketing Academy programme) and was catapulted to a demanding and very senior position.
Lindsay has a B.A. Hons degree (class II.1) in Linguistics, an Advanced Diploma (with Distinction) in Professional Coaching and Mentoring from the Oxford School of Coaching and Mentoring (accredited by Oxford-Brookes University), and the Certificates in The Psychology of Coaching and Gestalt Coaching Skills from the Academy of Executive Coaching.
She is a member of the EMCC (European Mentoring and Coaching Council), the Association for Coaching, and the Career Development Institute, and a Certified Member of the Institute of Consulting.
- EMCC European Individual Accreditation at Senior Practitioner Level
- MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) Certified Practitioner (Step I and Step II)
- Accredited user of Facet5 psychometric profiling
- Approved provider of ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) Endorsed Programmes in leadership, management and career coaching
- Accredited in Nancy Kline’s Thinking Environment at Foundation level